Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dreamtime once again with a visit from Rob


The night before my flight back home from Albuquerque......
In my dream Robert is going to take me to the airport in Albuquerque. But first he wants to stop back at the museum we had visited earlier to show me a picture of a horse, artwork, in one of the books we had looked at. I am upset, feeling anxious about getting to airport in time, and just wanting to go. But Rob is driving and assures me that there is plenty of time.

So we go back into the museum and I tell the ticket taker we had been there earlier today with a docent and could we just run in and look at one thing. No charge? She agrees, and notices my tag and asks about my selling jewelry. I promise to return with a business card.

We go to the books and pull down all the horse ones. Leafing through them Rob finds the image. But by now more time has passed and I just want to go. I am not interested in looking at the image.

Then (as in classic dream sequences) we are further away from the car and museum. And I just want to get back. I leave and start walking.  But the going is tough. It is like I am walking through mud sucking ground. When I look down I realize there is snow on the ground and that is pulling at each step. I wonder why it is so difficult to walk. My feet are being grabbed and held. I push on, struggling with each step, determined. Step by step back to the museum. Leaving Rob behind.

I get to the elevator that goes down to the garage, and just as I get in and the glass doors close there is Robert. Standing looking at me. He has on his black Kanga hat. And we are standing facing each other with glass separating us. The elevator starts to descend with me in it. Leaving him standing there looking at me.

While this is a defining moment—this standing face to face separated by a glass partition—the dream doesn’t exactly end there. I realize he has the car keys!!!!  And know I will meet him at the car in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment